Veteran and Police Trauma Therapy in New Jersey
Our first-responders and military personnel have the toughest jobs. They are on the front lines, protecting and serving, and putting their lives at risk on a daily basis. Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) is increasingly happening amongst our finest and bravest men and women. Processing trauma in an attentive and healthy way is important in order to prevent long-term PTSD symptoms.
Common symptoms of PTSD are:
- Nightmares and Flashbacks
- Generalized Anxiety
- Trust Issues
- Intrusive Thoughts
- Sleep Issues
Taking the time for self-care, introspection, and a processing of the events that have truly troubled you, is important.
Finding the right therapist for support, understanding, and guidance can make a huge difference. Colleen is experienced with helping individuals and families process PTSD and Trauma, get to know more about her.
What to expect :
- Experience relief from your symptoms of PTSD.
- Lower your anxiety levels, help you sleep better, and decrease your hypervigilance when not on the job.
- Reduce or eliminate your flashbacks and nightmares.
- Guidance on how to talk with your loved ones about what you are experiencing, so that you can open up and let those who love you, be there for you.
- Your treatment will help you overcome depressive thoughts, substance abuse, anxiety, self-destructive behaviors, and/or fears of intimacy in a relationship.