LGBTQ Community Support in New Jersey
Members of the LGBTQ community, and Gender and Sexual Minorities (GSM), can face a multitude of psychological and emotional difficulties, such as higher rates of anxiety, depression, suicidality, self-injurious behavior, and substance use. They may also face such challenges as: societal and professional stigma, family acceptance, and navigating issues of identity.
Finding the right therapist for support, understanding, and guidance can make a huge difference. Colleen is an ally, get to know more about her.
What to expect :
- Experience a Mindfulness therapeutic approach that emphasizes Awareness, Courage, and Self-Acceptance.
- Enter an Interpersonal and Empathetic relationship with the therapist.
- Learn to embrace your Authenticity and improve your Emotional Well-Being.
- Identify obstacles blocking your path to personal happiness and fulfillment, and remove the obstacles one-by-one.
- Work to release yourself from shame and/or self-esteem issues.
- Collaborate with your therapist to overcome depressive thoughts, anxiety, self-destructive behaviors, and/or fears of intimacy in a relationship.